2 # beef stew meat
3-4 yellow onions, sliced
1 (8 oz) package petite or button mushrooms
1/3 C gluten free all purpose flour
1-2 T coconut oil
1 C dry, red wine
1/2 t Thyme
1/2 t Marjoram
1 t Sea salt or pink Himalayan salt
2-4 C jasmine, basmati, or brown rice or quinoa, cooked
1) Heat large skillet and add coconut oil.
2) Add onions and cook until tender. Remove and set aside.
3) Add stew meat and turn to brown.
3) Sprinkle with flour, marjoram, thyme, black pepper, and salt.
4) Add 1 C of dry, red wine (I used some Malbec I just happened to have on hand ;-))
5) Combine ingredients well. Reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes.
6) Add back the onions and then the mushrooms, simmer 15 minutes longer or until mushrooms are the right doneness for you and meat is cooked through.
7) Serve with or over the rice or quinoa. I recommend a smaller portion - 1/4 C-1/2 C.
8) Yields 6-8 servings