2 # beef stew meat
3-4 yellow onions, sliced
1 (8 oz) package petite or button mushrooms
1/3 C gluten free all purpose flour
1-2 T coconut oil
1 C dry, red wine
1/2 t Thyme
1/2 t Marjoram
1 t Sea salt or pink Himalayan salt
2-4 C jasmine, basmati, or brown rice or quinoa, cooked
1) Heat large skillet and add coconut oil.
2) Add onions and cook until tender. Remove and set aside.
3) Add stew meat and turn to brown.
3) Sprinkle with flour, marjoram, thyme, black pepper, and salt.
4) Add 1 C of dry, red wine (I used some Malbec I just happened to have on hand ;-))
5) Combine ingredients well. Reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes.
6) Add back the onions and then the mushrooms, simmer 15 minutes longer or until mushrooms are the right doneness for you and meat is cooked through.
7) Serve with or over the rice or quinoa. I recommend a smaller portion - 1/4 C-1/2 C.
8) Yields 6-8 servings
2# beef stew meat
1 T grape seed oil or coconut oil
2 C white potatoes, cut into chunks
1 C carrots, cut into chunks
2 C celery
1- 14 oz can diced tomatoes
6 C water, divided
1 cube beef bouillon, gluten free (dissolved in 2 C water)
2 C beef broth, gluten free
5 T onion soup mix (see DIY recipe http://www.pernuwell.com/recipes/diy-dry-onion-soup-mix/)
1/2 t fresh garlic, minced
In a large stock pot, brown beef in oil. Meanwhile, cut up the veggies while dissolving bouillon cube in 2 C water. Drain extra liquid from beef after it is cooked through. Add veggies, onion soup mix, garlic, bouillon water, water and broth. Bring soup to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, until veggies are done, about 1 hour.
Serve alone or with side of your choice.
Garnish with avocado slices and/or cheese.
I LOVE this simple street taco recipe. Tacos are ALWAYS a hit at my house and this version is a nice little change to the ordinary taco. There’s a marinade that is best if you can plan ahead and marinade the chicken overnight but you can make a quicker option, too, by just marinating for a few hours. The flavors blend so well and the ingredients are fresh and healthy! You can use your favorite tortilla or make your own from cauliflower tortillas to make them even healthier depending on your goals!
4 Tablespoons fresh squeezed orange juice
2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1½ Tablespoons lime juice
3 cloves garlic, minced
1½ Tablespoons chipotle chili powder
2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
2 teaspoons smoked or regular paprika
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
freshly ground black pepper
1.5 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
20-22 mini white corn tortillas
1 /2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
fresh lime juice